Going on Vacation??
An empty house is a tempting target for a burglar. Use these tips to help safeguard your home while you are on vacation.
• Have good locks on all doors and windows, and use them!
• Ask a neighbor to watch the house while you’re away. It’s a good idea to leave your vacation address and telephone number with a neighbor so you can be reached in case of an emergency.
• Never leave your house keys hidden outside your home.
• Stop all deliveries, or arrange for a neighbor to pick up your mail, newspapers and packages.
• Plug in timers to turn lights and a radio or television on and off at appropriate times. This helps to disguise the fact that you are away.
• Leave your blinds/shades in a normal position. Don’t close them unless that is what you do when you are home.
• Close and lock the garage door. Ask a neighbor to occasionally park their car at your home as you normally would. Vehicles parked outside should be moved occasionally to appear that they are being used.
• Tell your police department you plan to be away. Patrol officers may have the opportunity to periodically check your residence.
Have a great vacation!!